Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Upon Return...

Well, I've been home for over 10 days now. Adjusting back to life in America wasn't nearly as hard as I predicted. I've gone back to old habits I often wish I was able to leave behind (like my texting addiction). My body has finally started to function according to the American clock, I now wake up between 10 and 11, instead of between 7 and 8 (which is brutally early for me...). I've also started to work on my scrapbook for the semester, which I'm doing through Shutterfly. I figure it'll cost me more time and money to actually print out the pictures and do it myself than to do it all on Shutterfly.

Anyways, I've wanted to cap off my trip for a while now. There were two cities left on my tour that I haven't yet blogged about. We ended up staying in Budapest for 4 days instead of two (skipping Vienna). After that, we headed to Prague. After the six hour trek to Prague, we went straight out to dinner and met up with some friends that were studying abroad there. It was nice to have (a) some familiar faces and (b) built in tour guides who were able to show us around the Czech night life. Prague is a beautiful city, both by day and by night.

During the daytime while we were there, we toured around, went paddle-boating, walked up the hill to the castle and visited the Torture Museum, among other things. On Saturday night, our friend Emily flew in from the States and met us in Prague. On Sunday, Pete took off to head back to the States. It was fun to get a new traveler with us, but sad to send Pete off! 

On Monday, we all had to get up early and catch a train to Munich. The train ride was 6 hours, but it was smooth ride. We got to the train station in time, got some breakfast, caught the train, took a nap, and woke up in Germany. The first thing we did (after checking into our hostel) was go to the Hofbrauhaus. After that, we headed back to the hostel. Luckily (or unluckily) for us, there was a bar at the hostel, so we were able to hang out there for the rest of the night. Ironically, we ran into an old friend of ours. He happened to work at the bar. More ironically, we thought he was in Australia (not Germany). It worked out well though, and was very fun to see him.

The next day, we toured the city of Munich and then headed to Nymphembourg Palace to do some more touring there. After a nice traditional German dinner, we went out for a bit, then headed back to the hostel. The next morning, I headed out. 

All in all, my European experience was just about the most fun I could have, and the best experience I could wish for. I am so glad that I was able to experience Europe on my own and with my friends. In fact, I want to go back :).

No comments:

Post a Comment