Monday, February 2, 2009

Living the Life

I've been here for just about a month exactly, and I feel as though I'm settled in. This weekend, Rachael, my roommate from school, came to visit. It was really great to see a little bit of home overseas, but I felt like I actually live in Brussels, playing tour guide. We went to the Grand Place, saw the Mannekin Pis, and wondered around through the main part of the city. It was a weekend well spent, here in Brussels.
We've planned to go to Amsterdam next weekend, and are finally starting to get travel plans for the remainder of the trip while were here. I'm really excited for the upcoming three months, but I can't believe how fast its going. I've finally been able to uplode some photos, so I've posted a few of them for you all to browse!

The group of girls, from left, Marissa, Lindsay, me, Sara and Patty, in Bruges! This was our first day trip, and definitely was worth it. Bruges is a beautiful city! 



This is pretty much my apartment. It's small, but there's plenty of room for one person. I have a bed, a desk, a small kitchenette (with hot plates) and a bathroom all to myself.  It's pretty nice and has definitely grown on me since we've been in Brussels.

Sara and I in front of the Atomium, one of the day trips we've taken while here. As I mentioned in a previous post, it was built for the Fair in Brussels in 1958. As you might be able to tell from the picture, it's no Eiffel Tower, but it's definitely cool!






No comments:

Post a Comment