Sunday, January 25, 2009

Antwerp

This has been quite the exciting week/weekend. I finally feel settled in to my internship - I figured out how to take the train to and from Groot-Bijgaarden, which is the area in which I work. This makes it a lot easier for me to come and go to work everyday, I know I'll get home at a reliable 6:30. I've also gotten to know my coworkers fairly well, and we all get along great. I'm also very excited for the upcoming week, as I have two articles that will be published (one in Flanders Today on Tuesday and one in The Bulletin on Thursday).

Other than that, we spent the weekend doing a plethora of things! It was quite the whirlwind, but it was worth it! Thursday night, we were able to introduce our guy friends to Waff, the bar in the area near us. It was a fun time, and definitely one of our favorite spots in our side of town. Friday was spent wondering around Brussels, and that night, a couple of friends came in town from London to visit the group. We took them out to a couple of different spots in Brussels and hopefully made them jealous that Brussels is awesome. Saturday, four of us took a train to Antwerp around 11 am. The rest of the group joined later. They had decided to sleep in a little bit, and tour later. Antwerp was a great city - there's a lot to see there, for sure.

We were able to check out the MoMu (Mode Museum) which was full of clothing that I would never wear. It was an interesting museum, though, to say the least. We were able to check out the Grand Markt, the port, the Cathedral, and some other local tourist attractions. Mom - I'll definitely be able to tell you what to see while you're there.

As for now, we're looking up where to go to next! Any ideas are more than welcome...!

No comments:

Post a Comment