Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'll Miss...Tri Pi

I've decided that one month is officially not enough time. I need more time in Brussels. Could someone please call up Father Time and tell him to press pause for a little bit?


Regardless, I'm going to have to leave eventually (whether I like it or not). So, I've started noting all of the things that I'm going to miss desperately as I return to the States. The first, and probably most important of these is Tri Pi.
In the first couple of weeks, I quickly established a solid group of girlfriends here in Brussels. Five other girls from my program and I got on flawlessly. We immediately began hanging out together and bonded over small stuff, like inside jokes. All six of us, as it turns are, are members of sororities back at Mizzou (some of us in the same ones, others not). So, we decided it would be fun and funny to establish one for the six of us here in Belgium. We called our fake sorority Tri Pi. It has a meaning behind it, but if I gave that away, I’d be betraying our rituals ;). These girls are my best friends here, and I’ve even started missing them on weekends when we don’t all travel together. I know that I’m going to miss all of them terribly when I return to the States. Luckily, we all go to Mizzou, so we’ll see each other; it’s just not going to be the same as spending every day with them. I really do love each one of these girls and I’m so glad I got the chance to experience this semester with them.
I added pictures of either all of us, or some of us, in different locations. That first one is all six of us in Barcelona. We went to a bar called "Chupitos," where they had a shot called Tri Pi. Though none of us are really shot girls, we had to do it. It had the same name as our fake sorority!
Here are some other ones: Us at dinner in Barcelona, at Albert Dock in Liverpool, on the steps of the Sacre Couer in Paris, and, of course, grabbing a couple of bottles of wine while sitting along the Seine River.
I can't imagine my time here without them. They really made my Brussels experience what it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment